We noticed some fruiting mushrooms on one log stack this weekend!
These were put together last year, in early May 2016. We put grain spawn onto cardboard and used the cardboard in between the cuts on the poplar stacks. We then covered the stacks with a heavy black plastic garbage bag until last weekend. The stacks are in a very shady place in a much more moist part of our forest.
We have now taken the bags off. You can see how much the mushrooms grew from Sunday until today, Wednesday.
And, they are not blue oyster… Pretty sure they are pearl!
Check out our library article on log stacks: https://www.fungiakuafo.com/library/log-stacks/