Up Coming Events
Live On-Line Workshops
we are offering
Introduction to: Growing Your Own Medicinal Mushrooms at Home
Hosted by The Light Cellar & Fungi Akuafo
- 2 hr live lecture
- A mushroom kit (reishi, lion’s mane or oyster) that you can pick up at the Light Cellar from October 29th – November 1 2021.
Wednesday November 3, 2021 | 7:00 – 9:00 PM
Facilitator: Tara & Malcolm
35Introduction to: Growing Edible Mushrooms In Your Home
Hosted by Calgary Horticultural Society &
- Link to Introductory video on mushroom life and cultivation cycle. You will receive the link the week of the workshop – please watch before the attending the workshop.
- 2 hour lecture
- PDF of lecture notes
Registration closes: November 10th. Fee: $25 for CHS members and $35 for non-members
Delivered online due to AHS COVID-19 recommendations
Thursday November 18, 2021 | 7:00 – 9:00 PM
Fee: $25 CHS members, $35 non-members
Introductory Series Workshop: Growing Backyard Mushrooms
Hosted by: Urban Farm School & Fungi Akuafo
If your backyard growing system is missing it’s very important edible fungal friends, this workshop will provide you with some inventive and effective ways to introduce mushrooms into your ecology, in ways that work for our northern climate and seasonal variability.
In this workshop, you will learn fungi basics (lifecycle, nutrition, etc.) and various techniques to grow gourmet and medicinal mushrooms in your backyard. We will guide you through assessing:
- the micro-climate of your space,
- the potential species to grow,
- the raw materials that you need, and,
- suitable installation techniques.
Tara will also provide information about how to obtain all the materials and tools you need to be successful at growing your backyard mushroom bounty!
Delivered online via ZOOM due to AHS COVID-19 recommendations
Thursday May 13, 2021 | 6:00 – 8:30 PM
The Fungi Underground Network
Sign up for our newsletter to be notified when we have new courses!