Spicy King Oyster Mushroom Stir Fry
Delicious dinner - serve in a bowl.
Servings 4 people
- 1 lb King oyster mushrooms Fresh or re-hydrated
- 5 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 6 slices Ginger
- 8 cloves Garlic Sliced
- 1 tbsp Black bean garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 5 Hot Peppers Substitute bell peppers for no heat
- Cut each king oyster mushroom in half lengthwise. Place each mushroom half, flat side down, and score with your knife lengthwise. Score again, going perpendicular to the previous cuts. For every third cut,slide through the whole mushroom to create 1/2" pieces.
- Heat 4 tbsp of oil in a wok over high heat. Fry the mushrooms lightly in the oi until golden brown on one side. Flip and fry on the other side until golden. Continue frying until the mushrooms are tender. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium low. Add another tablespoon of oil to the wok. Add the ginger and cook for one minute. Add the garlic and cook for another thirty seconds. Stir in the black bean garlic sauce and cook for another thirty seconds.
- Add the mushrooms back to the wok along with the soy sauce and sugar. Add the pepper to the wok and stir fry everything for another two minutes.
- Serve on a bed of rice.