Reishi Mushroom Veggie Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 carrots sliced 1cm thick
- 1 fennel bulb, diced (fronds reserved)
- 4 cups mushrooms, sliced (1 cup dried)
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 cups dried reishi mushrooms, ground
- 1/4 cup miso paste
- 1 tbsp allspice
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- fennel fronds, minced
- In a large soup pot, heat up the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the ginger and the remaining vegetables (except the reishi powder) and saute for another 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the water, reishi powder, miso paste and dried spices.
- Bring your soup to a boil and then reduce the heat to bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 1 hour. Stir the kale into the hot soup to wilt.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with fresh fennel fronds and enjoy!