Hungarian Mushroom Soup
We used our king oyster mushrooms in this soup - delicious! Original recipe from allrecipes.com
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 Cups Onions Chopped
- 1 Lb Fresh Mushrooms Sliced
- 2 Tsp Dill Weed Dried
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Milk
- 3 Tbsp Flour All-Purpose
- 1 Tsp Salt Taste before adding more salt
- Ground Pepper To taste
- 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parlsey Substitute dried if desired
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Sauté the onions in butter for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 5 more minutes (if using different mushrooms, ensure they are cooked - King Oysters take much longer than 5 minutes).
- Stir in the dill, paprika, soy sauce and broth. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the milk and flour together. Pour this into the soup and stir well to blend. Cover and simmer for 15 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Finally, stir in the salt, ground black pepper, lemon juice, parsley and sour cream. Mix together and allow to heat through over low heat, about 3 to 5 minutes. Do not boil. Serve immediately.