How to dry mushrooms for longer term storage.
- Fresh mushrooms
- Cut off the end of the stem if required to remove any soil/sawdust.
- Clean the mushrooms by removing any debris with a brush. Do NOT use water to clean the mushroom.
- Slice mushrooms to create uniform thickness slices. Usually 1/4" of less is best. Mushrooms can be sliced in any direction you choose.
- Place on dehydrator tray. Do not crowd the mushrooms.
- Dehydrate at ~46oC.
- Dehydration time will vary. Dehydrate until the mushrooms are quite dry or leathery.
- Store in a sealed container or bag. Should keep for about a year. Ensure you label the bag.